View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 01:27 PM
Newbie ;)

My wife's grandfather passed away about a year ago. It was the first time she saw death other than her dog about 6 years ago. It was interesting because we discussed it and she told me how foreign it was to her.

I was a lot more relaxed about both situations and gave her a stable mind to sort of anchor herself from. In our discussions though, I came to realize how I've had a hand full of people pass away in my experience and how that's sort of set the grounds for my responses.

At a young age I remember an Aunt of mine passing away. I was around for that. Though as I think about this I realize that the human response to death is really programed into us through other experiences as well. Consider this: When I was young I was constantly moving between mom and dad and then even in my teens, moving from friends. My experience of having those I loved being removed from my environment, now I can say for sure, has had a significant impact on how I view those who pass. I'm more adjusted to losing people.

For hunters, I think it's great that many still appreciate life. They see death very regularly and I think it gives them a ground of realizing that being here and then being gone... it's that simple. I have a few friends who enjoy hunting and they live, love, and appreciate what they have all at the same time.