View Single Post
Old 29-08-2006, 03:13 PM
violetmay

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy
i was sleeping with at least the landing light on up until a few years ago

so glad someone else was doing this... Up until this year, I would have to have a trail of lights going on if I went up or down the stairs. In the dark everything seems to come alive about me. I sense everything and used to jump at shadows, rustles and whispers. As a kid I was fearless and would stomp around the dark, I'd say nite to my friend bartholemew who lived in the airing cupboard in my room. My mum thought he was an invisible friend... but he was a ghost and such a nice one, I left him behind when I reached 12 and moved house. My new room felt lonely, and that new house didn't have any guests, it was just us, and that was fine.

My new home here in Dorset is definately haunted, or I am attracting beings to it. There are a couple of dark beings who lurk on the edge of things, and for a second they scare me. Then I just say 'those who mean us harm here are not welcome so please leave us'. They go. But there is a negative feeling on my stairwell, and in the dark I used to run past it, in a right panic. Now I deliberately walk slowly through it and protect myself with a white light and send out lots of love to it. I still feel scared but don't know if I should banish it or try to understand it, as I feel it is a soul who wants us there, but is very sad in themselves and means us no harm. I think they are stuck.

But night is the time when folk visit me, in dreams, shadows, or even sitting on the bed or joining me in the bathroom. They mean no harm and I never feel alone.

My other half and step son and guests have said, 'this house is noisy at night, it's like charring cross station on your landing..' that is odd cos we are all in bed.