View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 05:00 AM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
If ghosts are real they wouldn't need those few 'special' people to get their message across.

What does 'real' mean to YOU? To try to help I'll say again that ghosts don't bring messages for anyone - special or otherwise.

Quote:
Mediumship is very deceitful.
People can be deceitful. Mediumship isn't. If a medium is deceitful (s)he needs to be called out for it.

Quote:
Some years ago this medium person told me I'm being followed by the benevolent ghost of some small boy she assumed was my brother, which makes no sense because I have no siblings to begin with.

That practitioner was not an experienced or competent medium. She may not have been a medium at all, perhaps just a psychic; the use of the word 'ghost', and her assumption the child was a sibling, is something an experienced medium wouldn't make. It's a shame you visited with one who needed to improve her attributes.

Quote:
I am no medium or have any psychic skills, and the few ''visitation dreams'' involving spirits I've had years ago goes to show that it could happen to anyone. Ironically, I am rather sceptical about them lately and struggle convincing myself that my experiences were truly of supernatural origin. Because you know, the subconscious can be an a.hole.

You could do with spending some time studying and ideally speaking with individuals who could help you find for yourself what I believe you're looking for. I think it would help you to understand two fundamentals - the difference(s) between ghosts and spirits and the difference(s) between mediums and psychics. I'm not interested in convincing you about anything but I'll try to help if you genuinely want to understand.

Visitations may be as frustrating to those who came to visit with you as it was for you. You want to understand why your experience was truly a visitation - I don't say call them supernatural because for me these issues are natural albeit not very commonplace.

I can sense you want to understand and to stop being sceptical - you want to know what's authentic. Getting there can be hard because there are a lot of stories put about by individuals who have little understanding or experience but don't know that.

The web is awash with nonsense. It's your choice - heed that or consider what I've offered.