View Single Post
Old 18-11-2023, 02:20 PM
Master

the 'base camp' is as far as i know one of the steps many people have to take on their journey through life. Stocking up enough abilities or resources to know they can survive and then building the rest of their life on that....

im given to understand some people get everything handed to them though. For example Joseph in the bible. But there is a price for that...

my own thought is that such 'base camps' kind of blockade out a part of reality, I'm 'fixing' a part of my life in a big way and simply won't allow it to change if I've got any say with that. Because the fact is everything I've wanted and gotten is built on that foundation, and if the foundation goes I risk losing the rest of it too.

this i think is why people are so fixated on their own 'attitudes' about life being supreme in some way...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And also any more I'm getting very discouraged with this ongoing theme I've got where I've got to have one thing before I will let myself have another thing. Having to continously be building things up that way is getting to be a very big chore. I'm kinda wanting to do something else for a change? But how do you do that when all you know how to do is set one brick atop another? Well the answer to that is more obvious than it might seem but it doesn't sound too appealling...

sitting dealing with the rawness of life as it happens doesn't seem so appealing at first either, because one looks around and everyone else *seems* to be doing something much more pleasant... and even if one decides they aren't well there isn't any social value in not doing what others are doing sigh...

and meanwhile you can't be building castles in the sky if you are doing that...