View Single Post
Old 06-02-2024, 03:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midrich
I recently started walking after a lengthy period of slug life. My new activity is to use the physical machine as it was intended . Sitting around doing nothing is wasting your vitality. I’ve made other lifestyle changes and I feel good . There isn’t a goal or a finish line yet I’m motivated . It’s nice going outside and being with the natural earth . If I couldn’t do this I might be no better off than a caged animal . Will I stay with it ? Yes! I know myself and I know myself to be focused . I didn’t ask a question but I wonder what others feel about exercise . Is it exercise or is it life ?
I guess exercise is training specific, and specific to a goal, and an 'active life style' is doing a lot enjoyable physical activities. Though training can also be enjoyable.

The benefit of training is tracking progressive overload. If walking for example, increasing steps/distance or walking a bit faster, or taking on hills or maybe adding in a bit of jogging or any combination thereof. If yoga, reach new limits of flexibility, poise and balance. Whatever the case, progressive overload just means doing more than you used to.

Coming from slug life, the smallest amount will make a huge difference, but if you are inclined toward continual improvement, gradual progressive overload as the body adapts is the ticket. Slow and steady. I think that comes naturally anyway, but when you hit a plateau, it needs a little push.

I think you're on the right track, staying with it, as nothing matters more than consistency.

Having past athleticism will be a huge advantage.

It sounds very positive. Kudos.