View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 12:34 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagandell
I have been to open circles in 3 different spiritualist churches in London and in all of them we practiced developing are psychic skills.
For instance I remember saying to a woman i can see tthe colour yellow around you and she said that's my favourite colour.
I said to an elderly lady who ran the circle i see you in a garden she said gardening was her hobby and she was always in her garden.
When a medium is on the platform and giving messages to the people at the service they are mostly from loved ones in the spirit world.
But i remember some useing there
Psychic skills saying things like you must tidy up that spare room bringing a bit of humor into the service and the person they were talking to would laugh with joy.
I think you ought to lighten up a bit bobjob u come across as a bit of an old fudy dudy.

You are free to think about me what you wish but it's not for you to tell me what you believe I should or shouldn't do. I'm sure about what's important to me and I express my approach in a way that's right for me. I don't questions the way you approach subjects even if I challenge what you say - respect

To move on, though.... Developing psychic skills is part of what happens in development groups/circles. Psychic reading, Tarot etc are not part of Spiritualism and I'm pretty confident the SNU - that is the umbrella organisation of such churches - sees things as I do. But I totally acknowledge that non SNU Spiritualist churches may have a different approach.

I'm not unaware about mediums briefly 'dipping' into psychic reading to help when needed, where a mediumistic link falters, or to 'raise the energy'. BUT mediumship is not psychic reading etc and experienced mediums avoid it as much as possible.

Now I'm not telling anyone what to do but this thread began as a Tarot conversation and I respectfully ask that we both take OUR conversation about psychism and mediumship into a suitable forum, perhaps the forum for 'Mediumship'? respect