Thread: Is time real?
View Single Post
Old 27-09-2021, 08:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
Can you explain why time, as measured by the clock and used to build our technologically-driven physical world would not be physical if we removed the clock?
The clock makes time physical to us, as numbers. it is 3:34 am, as I type this, time before this 3:34 am is a memory of mine, before 3 am is a memory of mine of me sleeping.

I was not really sleeping before 3am, I was sleeping in the NOW. I say I was sleeping before 3 am because the clock said it was 3am, when I woke up.

Right now the clock says it is 3:49am. this 3:49am is the same NOW as the NOW of 3:34 am and of the before 3 am when I was sleeping, whatever time the clock says it is now, is totally and comepletly irrelevent to the NOW.

Believing whatever the clock says what time it is now, to be true, psychologicaly implies that there was a past and that there is going to be a future. Our measurement of the movement of the earth rotating around the sun is also irrelevent to the NOW, because the NOW has nothing to do with our measuring the movement of the earth rotating around the sun, except of course we always do the measuring in the NOW.

The scientists and engineers, that you mentioned, know that they are or were getting a paycheck in the future for the works they have done as scientists and engineers.