Thread: Deer Season!!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 04:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Hello everyone….Here in my state of Texas we are now less than 30 days out from the opening of whitetail deer season and I’m wondering if anyone else here follows the spiritual path of the hunter….and if so how they prepare for it.

Myself and my 11 year old grandson Nick who is best buddy and partner a-field since he was three years old are now well into preparations….

For Nick this started sooner than I but he’s young and extremely excited about the coming season……this past summer he was already doing upper body strength work, running and getting into shape ....tuning his bow and shooting on our backyard range every day.

But he is also meditating and going within for the calmness , clarity and focus that will be needed to stalk an animal with some of the best eye’s ,ears and nose in the animal kingdom….

So as the hunt draws near and we celebrate our proud genetic heritage as the “thinking hunter” and solemnly contemplate the part our species plays in the circle of life that we exist in….I’m wondering how others go about this process…..

Are you equating your ‘spiritual path of the hunter’ with the Ancient Hunter-Gatherers?
Do you find similarities or parallels with Native American Spiritual hunting ways?
If so, in what regard? (Since I do not know – I ask).

As far as I am aware of our Ancient Eurasian hunter-gatherer Spiritual point of view (well - my grandparent’s generation still hunted and observed the old taboos - the rights and the obligations of a hunter even though they no longer were totemic practitioners as such)…..

So in comparison …….
First of all, our Animist-World-View saw it as self-evident that all things have Spirit or Soul, hence we are all equal and besides; - Animals were/are seen as our Totemic Ancestors.

Animist vs. Western hierarchical view:
http://www.convictcreations.com/abor...ges/ecoego.jpg

Totemic groupings ruled who can hunt and for what and it was the hunter’s duty to hold the very exacting ceremonies for the fallen animal, to ensure its Spirit was released back to its Celestial Realm to reincarnate again …..
Here the Bear bones and nails were/are buried underneath a ‘Bear-Scull-Tree’:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-asGvP_XnD_...atherWoods.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e3/ca...7eec64c676.jpg

Quote:
My 11 year old grandson on the other hand connected on the opening weekend....stalking to less than 15 yards of a buck and making a perfect shot.....

I swear that boy is just pure predator instinct wrapped in big smile!!
I don’t think any of my Ancestors saw themselves as predators, unless perhaps you were a Wolf Totemic – a Turanian “Wolf Angel”:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20171026230525

Besides – even our (survived by the skin of our teeth) Ancient North Eurasian Creation Story tells us that the Loon was a superior diver, but because the Loon was not subordinate to the Spirit (Eagle on the top of the World Pole and/or the World Tree) – it was the lowly duck who managed to dive so deep into the Primordial Waters that it brought mud on its beak that formed the Earth.
i.e. By being subordinate and surrendering to the Spirit - the lowly duck had 'Shamanic blessings/powers'.
Hence "we celebrate our proud genetic heritage as" …..the descendants of this lowly duck – as subordinates and surrendering to the Will of the Spirit Design - when hunting.

When you entered the Forest (or Ocean/Lake) – you entered the Forest (or Ocean/Lake) Master’s or Spirit’s domain and it was/is the Forest Master who decided whether there would be game to be had that day, and it was up to the individual animal, whether it wanted to sacrifice its life to be food for others ….

I have not hunted with Oz-Aboriginals, but from experience we do relate to the Forest in a very similar way ….
When we enter the Forest, we go totally silent (call it meditative) – We enter the Totality of the Forest as an egalitarian part of that Totality and then we let the Spirit of that Totality tell us what to do at any given time.

Hence (back to Eurasia) even if you did not built your bicepts – tricepts what have you, the Forest Master would lead you to a right place at the right time to hunt your game.

A bit difficult to explain this Shamanic View to a Western mind-set.

Last edited by sentient : 02-12-2018 at 11:50 AM.