View Single Post
Old 27-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Rumar

I'm 23 years old, I was diagnosed at an early age for ADD, I was brought to a Psychiatrist constantly and was medicated with Zyprexa and something else I don't really remember, I went through the Special Ed classes for ADD (where we would study at a slightly slower pace than normal classes but not grouped with the kids with worst conditions), I managed to graduate with honors without any retries at any classes, I graduated with a 3.5 GPA.

While still being medicated, I wasn't taking the pills because it was a pain having to take pills when I strongly believed there was nothing wrong with me. Sure I had attention problems, but I still managed, I eventually worked my way in getting no more psychiatric appointments, I told them what I knew they would wanna hear, I told them I stopped taking the pills, he asked me if there were any issues and asked the typical questions, I said no, he talked with my mother for a bit and we got off everything.

I had to admit to my mother after years of avoiding the pills and even throwing them away about that, but after Middle School, I was fine, nothing wrong or anything. I am still considered to be diagnosed, which you can't really heal or grow from, but I had to get myself past all this **. I never believed I was a special child, I always dreamt I would be, I always wished I had more to me than others, but never really believed anything and hadn't even HEARD of indigo children until recently (couple of years ago).

I understand it CAN be a possible treatment to certain children to be medicated but you should never look into it as fast as a lot of people do, even docters quickly jump to it too. I won't put my children on medication, I will teach them self control and discipline like how my instructors and Master in Martial Arts taught us.