View Single Post
Old 26-02-2020, 03:20 PM
Master
I was born with it, but at some point closed the door to it as it found no resonance in the environment. That happens to almost 100% of people. So you have to rediscover it later on, even if you were born with it.

The peculiar thing is, that even though I was clairaudient and clairvoyant as a child, I later on believed I did not have any abilities, that was for other people.
I always had a strong interest in the paranormal, encountered not so pleasant things a few times, and that is sarcastic understatement, hihi.
It really started for me after my divorce at 35. My ex had abilities & gifts and I think he always protected and shielded me during our marriage, because he knew or sensed I was open and vulnerable.
Suddenly I was alone with two kids, in a house that held unpleasant things as it was built on a pre-Christian graveyard. Oh joy... No man to rely on, just me myself and I. I was suddenly thrown in the deep, having to take care of me AND two young kids who are also gifted.

Later on I moved in with a man and his house was not just inhabited by us people... Exorcist, few years after another house cleaner.
I began learning and developing my own abilities in that time. Did extensive and intensive intuitive development courses, and continued from there. Crystal workshops, dowsing rod, hedgewitchcraft. The latter is when I first dared to start doing rituals. The support of this hedgewitch helped me, and my courage and ability etc. grew.
Then I switched to Lightwork.
It's a non-stop learning curve.
I'm not clairaudient, I don't want to, same with clairvoyancy. No way do I want to see.
I'm clairsentient and clairknowing (cognizant?) .

It is not something I do anymore, it is who I am, it's part of me. It comes up in my paintings, my choice of work, my entire home's design, my interests and so on.
I added a bit of psychology to the mix as spirituality is personal development and growth.

How long it takes to do something with it depends entirely on your time (if you have a really busy job and home life it is more difficult to get into the groove) and I think also what you want with it. So the importance of it to you.
For me it was about developing me, becoming more confident, stable, and so on. Not so much the abilities, although that came with it out of interest.