View Single Post
Old 20-09-2019, 08:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
The Gifts of the Spirit are listed at 1 Corinthians 12:8-10.

"8. To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9. to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10. to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues.

Sorry to be a party pooper here but I think most ''gifts'' are a load of nonsense. It reminds me of televangelists who shout ''away ye devil!'' while crying hallelujah at cancer patients. All to no avail of course. Scams and much suffering continues in the name of some religion. Speaking in tongues? Sounds like learned behaviour [see Jesus Camp film]. And no fortune teller has given us accurate predictions, just general statements. I've read too many over the years, also things that were supposed to happen in the past 15 years. But people keep falling for it over and over again.