View Single Post
Old 16-05-2021, 01:37 AM
Experiencer

Labels... I'm starting to hate them...

I'm different than others and extremely sensitive tand overwhelmed by emotion, but intellegent too...

So... Many... Labels... My extreme passion for things and social awquardness are labeled autism, mood problems bipolar... Oddly mental health professionals who are spiritual have labeled me "Empath" too, and I've heard either indigo child or starseed applied to me too...

Anyway I take meds.... Which works for me because without them I'm in a state of mind so complex that I can't function... I can't sleep, thoughts won't stop, etc...

But yes modern meds help, and maybe some labels help, but it doesn't help myself wanting to know absolute truth and realizing it's not in religion, it doesn't help me from being emotionally overwhelmed by either mine or someone else's emotions until I meltdown...
It doesn't help the fact I'm a people pleaser and I'm so crippled when people disagree with me on any subject...

I have had a recent interview to work as a customer service person for the bird (my passion) department of an ivy league school... I mean someone labeled "gifted" would enjoy that place... But I keep agonizing over it because if I'm offered the job certain people will try to talk me out of it, etc...

Anyway I'm starting to hate labels, because before I had them people saw me as strange but smart... Now that certain others no, they just have pre-conceived notions about me based on them ...

In the meantime need suggestions on how to find Intellectual and Spiritual peace amoung termoil...