View Single Post
Old 30-03-2021, 07:56 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Dreams are the unconscious mind communicating with the conscious mind, and often they are the unconscious trying to make the conscious mind aware of something. In that respect dreams can be dis-ease because the unconscious may be trying to make the conscious mind aware of an issue.
hmmmm

Quote:
So your dream of a soaring bird could be your unconscious trying to tell you that you feel trapped and you need to 'fly free'. Something similar can happen with mental health issues in that things like deamons are representations or personifications of mental health issues. So no, those of "sound mind" never see demons because they don't have mental health issues that need to be addressed.

It's when we see demons and hear voices (I do too) that people with mental health issues actually become more aware of perceptual reality than "normal people". They become more conscious of their unconscious and believe it or not, become more self-aware than "normal people".

They're all interesting, but as yet unproven, points - unless someone can point out relevant data I'm not aware of. To the best of my knowledge the nature and significance of dreams remains a subject of conjecture rather than fact.

Mental health may be better understood and a link between seeing demons and mental ill-health may be logical but again - as far as I'm aware - is still unproven.