View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 02:30 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Wanderer
Thank you for your comments bobjob.

Unsurprising there are no accomplished child mediums, even the natural psychics amongst the young don't get any training!

My point was, though, that even those who ARE naturally sensitive from being very young still need support to develop their attributes. Just as with yourself even though you're older.

Quote:
My grand daughter, when aged 4, started seeing discarnate beings - my mum usually. She took the appearance of spirits perfectly naturally but unfortunately my daughter suppressed little Bea's gift, telling her to 'stop talking nonsense!' Such a shame, but maybe the gift will return to her when she's old enough to escape her mother's negative (and disbelieving) influence.

It's always sad when adults deliberately suppress a child's sensitivity but as you say it may re-surface later when your granddaughter is no longer under that influence. Parents are no worse disbelievers than non-parents! They may not have any belief in survival but some may also just be frightened because they don't understand.

Quote:
During the lockdown periods I have got back into the habit of meditating - 3 or 4 times a week. No discernible spiritual presence at these times and no movement from my amethyst pendulum, which used to swing wildly when meditating during development sessions.

It may be the group situation that helps you.