Thread: Addictions
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 09:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
My newest lesson is regarding addictions.

Those who are addicted to a substance are always viewed as weak. Something very, very bad. The addicted destroys trust.

In today's society so many have addictions.

Then I thought of the person who is addicted. All the negativity surrounding them from society as well as their own inner wellspring of negativity.

Then I wondered if the Powers That Be have the same negativity towards those who are addicted. And I got the answer no.

I wondered about that. Maybe the alternative to addiction is suicide. If that is the case maybe addiction helps that person at least get through this life. Maybe getting through a life is better than suicide. At least they are still learning about life.

So maybe an addiction is not a bad thing. Maybe it's only a different way to cope.
I do understand what you're talking about. But everyone has a addiction in some way. Natural, healthy, artificial or unhealthy. Is someone who spends there day on social media much different drug addict? Both can be harmful to people around you. Look at the people exercise intensely. If they don't do it for a few days they go through one could say withdrawals. Most often when a drug addict for example quits doing drugs they often find another addciton to replace it with. I feel it is a way to cope, there go to thing when they need it. It's not bad unless it hurts someone or hurts you.