Thread: Meeting a fairy
View Single Post
Old 24-01-2020, 04:25 PM
Experiencer

Nice, found it, I'm gonna like to read it :)

Ok, comment anytime, no worries.

That dream with the supposed dog of Hades gave me a key or clue.

The similarity between the artistic theme 'The Rape of Proserpina' and the 'Nymph Abducted by a Faun' is astonishing! Not gonna post links here because the images may be inappropriate.

Proserpina, also known as Persephone and Kore, was a major nature goddess associated with the seasons and agriculture. Daughter of Zeus and Demeter, she became the wife of Hades after he kidnapped her when she was collecting flowers with the nymphs.

In the painting 'The Rape of Persephone' made by Alessandro Allori in 1570, there are satyrs and nymphs in the background scene, while in the front Hades snatches the reluctant goddess and carries her away.

In the religions of the Orphics and the Platonists, Kore is described as the all-pervading goddess of nature who both produces and destroys everything...

Demeter was devastated when it became obvious that her daughter was missing, and she turned the nymphs into Sirens for failing to protect Persephone. The now winged nymphs were then tasked with looking for the missing goddess.

Demeter herself wandered the earth looking for Persephone but to no avail. As Demeter searched, so she neglected her own role, and so the world’s crops failed to grow as the land became infertile.

These fairies could be related to this story of Hades and Persephone, they go through much of the same things as the goddess did, and are in the mythical context her assistants in taking care of nature.

I'm doing my homework, let's see what else they can tell me.
My words of wisdom: Every civilization wishes to serve the Deity, but they can only do so to the extent of their wisdom and justice. & The greatest religious revelation is the correct interpretation of the things in the sky.

Last edited by Ordnael : 24-01-2020 at 09:05 PM.