View Single Post
Old 15-05-2019, 11:42 PM
Master

Falling Leaves . . .

I totally agree . . . tenuous at best. That’s why I often used words such as generic and basic and such. If I made it any more clear . . . it could lead to issues for some. I’m not here to do that.

Lastly . . . I will have to kindly disagree . . . the Taoists way of BELIEVING that they can use mind to get beyond mind . . . that . . . I will agree with. It simply shows that the mind is completely capable of conjuring up anything to convince the mind to get caught up in . . . but . . . at worst . . . it’s a great place to spend a dozen lifetimes or so to begin to sort it out.

Mind . . . cannot . . . go beyond itself. Soul can go beyond mind . . . and nothing else. Now . . . if Soul actually did get beyond the mind . . . get a glimpse of those realms beyond . . . and then so quickly retreat back to the mental worlds where it would consider itself to be safe and newly enlightened . . . then that Soul could certainly believe . . . and to a degree rightfully so . . . that It or mind can go beyond mind.

There are other factors that begin to enter into ones path at that point . . . and it makes that Path quite adventurous indeed.

But technically and strictly speaking . . . mind cannot go beyond itself . . . but it can come up with all kinds of precepts to believe that it can.

All part of the Path.