View Single Post
Old 19-09-2021, 03:23 AM
The Anointed

Continued from post #17.

Of all the poets throughout all time, Robert Service to who I bow the knee, placed Omar Khayyam above all others. Omar with his wine and rose and nightingale, voiced Roberts own pet philosophy of wine and song.

Myself, when young, before being introduced to the word of Robert Service, experienced the most exhilarating sensation on first reading the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam. It was as though there was an awakening within me, a whirling Dervish dancing within, as I read.

Ah! With the grape my fading life provide__
And wash my body whence the life has died
And lay me, shrouded in the living leaf
By some not unfrequented garden-side
That ev’n my buried ashes such a snare
Of vintage shall fling up into the air
As not a true believer passing by
But shall be overtaken unaware……Omar Khayyam.

DOWN TO HIS GARDEN:

Through swirling waters deep and fast, toward the birth of day,
Through fleeting shadows of the past my spirit fled away
Ever inward I was borne upon the streams of time
Receding back toward the dawn, in the hope somewhere I’d find
Somewhere in my distant past my old friend's hallowed grave
And there I stopped and sat at last, beneath the perfumed shade
Where we talked of this and talked of that and shared our time spanned love
And I drank with him the living wine, ‘neath the waning moon above.
There we listened to the nightingale as she sang her age old song
Of summers bright and winters pale, of Sultans long since gone.
And we watered with our tears of love, the blossoms o’er his grave
Then onward through the mists above, rose another who was saved.
One more has been awoken, one more now lives again
One more has joined the gathering; one more came through the flame,
One more now joins our singing as we hurtle back through time
To introduce “Who We Will Be,” to he from who we came.
Now death, where is your victory, now death, where is your sting,
Rejoice you sons of glory, to “Who You Were,” and “Will be,” sing….. The Anointed.

Who would dare to descend to the garden of Omar and bring him up?

In the introduction to Fitzgerald’s translation of Omar’s work. It is written that Omar Khayyam died in the year of 1123 AD, and yet in the Glossary of the self-same book, it is said that he died in 1132 AD. According to the Encyclopaedia Britannica, there is some debate as to whether he died in the year 1123, or 1132. It seems strange that the controversy should be between these two date, because from, (The Perfect Way, P. 247) we read, “As the number of the lunar months, ‘thirteen,’ is the number of the woman and denotes the soul and her reflection of God---The solar number ‘Twelve,’ being that of the spirit.

The two numbers in combination form the perfect year of that duel humanity, which above, is made in the image of God—the true “Christian Year,” wherein the two—the inner and outer, Spirit and Matter—are as one. Thirteen then represents that full union of man with God wherein Christ becomes Christ.

Thirteen, represents the physical person, who reflects perfectly the spiritual being within, (The Father and the Son are one) and is represented as the solar number 12 in combination within the thirteen, as shown here, (1123).

But the true “Christian year” should be where the physical being is translated to a spiritual being, which would be represented by the number combination (1132), the physical number 13, within the spiritual number 12, God's old tabernacle, (The Body of Mankind) stored within the inner most sanctuary of the glorious Temple, (The Son of Man). A good translation, loses none of the essence of the original from which it is translated.

So, when did the Great King of the Wise, Omar Khayyam die?