Thread: God in Buddhism
View Single Post
Old 26-09-2020, 01:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
yes am I aware of what I am as distinct from the current mental content or interpretation

That is always here and has always been here. That is me... and everything. It's like a golden needle in a haystack. We are giving our attention over to all that hay. But this body and mind we are merged with is such...this culture....these relationships... are like a laser pointer on a wall to a cat.... just..... can't..... look.... away.... lol.

That's funny!

Quote:
I'm sorry, but this thing over here.... it's just too interesting..... she said this and that.... and I think this and that.... and he said this.... and this here.....

To turn around and see the divine....! To pursue that above all else. and then the How? How is also that laser pointer on the wall.

Yes, 'how' is the distraction - 'what' is the understanding, and if you know what is is, you automatically know 'how' to do it. Most teachers are giving out instruction on how to do it, but nearly all of them require your doing. Control breathing, count breaths, visualise a thingy, say a mantra etc, etc, etc... which just generates volition, which implies desire... and perhaps these exercises have their own particular benefits, but meditation itself is the cessation of volition, the cessation of action and reaction, or in other words, to stop and look. Right now you can just stop and notice what this experience is lie, just as it is, without tryong to makes it other than it is, and in that moment you stop. That's it. Ok so nothing 'special' happened, it's just the same olds room, the same sensations entirely, but you paid attention, knew what it was actually like, lived in the actuality of the moment, and as banal and ordinary that is, it is the fundamental principle of meditation - stop doing and start looking.