Thread: God in Buddhism
View Single Post
Old 22-09-2020, 01:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
There is that saying – “Don't put all your eggs into the same basket”.
But in order to elevate one’s consciousness onto a higher spiritual level – one has to integrate.
Don’t they call it an ‘integrated ego’ – when one doesn't contradict one's self at every turn? - heh.

I’m not much for rituals myself. But a ritual done in genuine devotion enables one to enter into “the zone” with the devotees.

It does sound like a contradiction that first one has to become an integrated ego – in order to enter into (one-pointed) devotion to de-centralize that ego hold, but it isn’t.

But of course, if there is no genuine spiritual dimension to devote to, then the relative dimension, the ego-centeredness is all there is and it can only mimic/pretend spirituality.

And this “assemblage-point-of-awareness” (Castaneda) compulsively needs to maintain, fortify and defend/secure its position. That is all ego centeredness ever does – that is its pattern, its blind bondage.

Which is where the Vajrayana 5 Buddha Families come in and nobody is excluded, left out - we all have our own ego-games in place.
https://www.tibetan-buddhist-art.com/5-buddha-families/

They are our personal styles of blind bondage – the spiritual dimension (when found) liberates us from.

I too am not particularly drawn to rituals but my teacher did point out that I should not criticize them since, as you duly noted, a ritual done in genuine devotion enables one to enter into “the zone” with the devotees.