View Single Post
Old 18-08-2020, 08:48 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Not many people are aware of this simple premise. That we are all killers. I kill to live. Not in any grand or big scale; but I do kill. I eat food and generally cause casualties in my life. As we all do.

This is one simple reason why I am averse to calling myself God. Or calling myself perfect. Is God a killer? This is a big question and in my opinion He probably is a killer but is probably in denial.

I’m aware and I’m OK with it. I try to make sure what I eat lived well and died fast but....I’m only one person. Can’t change the world. I’m OK with killing to eat and I’m ok with euthanasia and abortion too. Death is part of life.

It’s a complex subject, there are subtleties to take into consideration. I find death very beautiful. But I also sympathise with the bereaved.

Technically speaking we’re all one being, so I’m the same as Ted Bundy, you’re the same as a nameless cannibal from the last century lol. The only difference is I’m making different choices for this body and not violating others free will by taking away their bodies selfishly.

God surely wouldn’t design us to eat meat as well as veg then punish us for killing animals. That would mean God was more than just a killer. It would make him insane! Or her.

IMO causing death is only a “sin” or a wrongdoing when you steal the life of another, or when you do it for selfish reasons. Killing to end suffering, killing to prevent suffering, killing to eat, killing if asked to, etc. All OK by me, as long as the being in question wishes to die, or as long as you need the meat for food!

Very sensitive subject tho, this is just my opinion.