View Single Post
Old 13-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Hi Amanda .

In simple terms what I meant by that was for example, Adam hates spiders, and Eve doesn't _ what is of hate or fear that relates to the individual known as Adam has no direct relevance to Eve . Beyond the individual will of Adam and Eve there is the same essence in that there is no fear and no hate present or there is no Adam or Eve present to hate or be fearful .

x dazzle x

Daz, hello...I agree with the general statement...that where there is no individuated consciousness then all is one and in that sense one might say nothing individuated matters...thus nothing about Adam or Eve's individual perspective matters and ultimately they don't matter.

And yet I completely stand at the other end with regard to the focus. Yes is no and no is yes. One might also say everything matters and that the individuated expression of Adam and Eve, including their will, their character, their deepest inclinations and preferences are all expression of the Nothing. Nothing is Something...It is a lot of somethings. Adam and Eve are the proof of it. Individuated consciousness is the expression of the undifferentiated One...and it is every bit as divine and transcendant. Adam and Eve are every bit as divine and transcendant, for all they are works in progress. As are you and I and all the rest.

Nor does either Adam or Eve ignoring or mocking his fear of spiders (as we are wont to do to each other) help him to accept and cope and heal. Let's flip it...if instead of fear, Adam expresses a deep and positive, loving human need for individuated love with touch and presence, which is also a divine need expressed through him...do we ignore or mock him? Tell him that his spiritual evolution requires he get over it and merge with the One? How? By ignoring the needs of his very soul? Because throuch denial and containment we are guaranteed more wisdom than through courage and expression? We are humans and not machines. Is this true wisdom, utter fallacy or even sheer idiocy or cruelty? There are those who would scorn or mock Adam for expressing the deepest needs of his soul. What is the correct approach for Adam when he is scorned, mocked, ignored, or denigrated for expressing who he is? Should he listen to wisdom offered in this manner? Would you or I? Or should Adam cleave to the love of the One he channels in the face of what he perceives as a generic denial of what nurtures our humanity and a personal denial of his own needs and his own right to expression?

I would say that the One is speaking through Adam's heartfelt desires more truly than we do by telling him to ignore the wisdom of his heart and soul.
Those heartfelt desires speak to Adam of honouring his humanity and his individual needs -- whether for love and connection or for finding a way to coexist with spiders whilst still honouring his need for distance there. And his authentic expression of those desires contains a core aspect of his truth and his purpose, found in the knowledge and acceptance of himself within this existence right here, right now. In this moment.

How do we find healing and love and acceptance of ourselves and each other except by recognising how unique and precious we all are? Presumably Adam is more precious to Eve and she to him because of their soul connection and their ability to truly see one another, which is deeply humanising. But that we are all equally worthy is a generality I can live with.

Thus Adam's dislike or even primal fear of spiders, just as his need for love, touch and presence is of relevance and even of utmost importance to Eve because he is another human being, another soul. And how much more so if Adam himself is known to Eve and of heartfelt importance to her because of that connection? Why is it better not to care or to get past it or (as some may do) to tell Adam he is wrong or unevolved to be as he is, a human being with deep inclinations, needs, preferences, connections to others, and his own individual perspective and purpose in this universe?

Being accepted and loved for his individual and unique self and expression (both by self and by others), Adam can get on with finding that centre and harmony we all seek, both within and without of our bounded selves. He can get on with finding the healing and the love and support we all need in this existence. With being all he can be. He exists because he is meant to, as is Eve. He has a right to his own individual expression and needs and desires and purpose in this existence. As do we all. Can we toss off the deepest needs of our soul for love and connection and presence? Should we or Adam ever try to do such a damaging thing? Or will Adam have literally compromised his very soul and broken something real and beautiful within by so doing? If Eve doesn't respect his deepest needs, then Adam will need to either compromise where he can or else withdraw, even whilst ideally in expression of love and respect toward Eve.

I would say the degree to which our expression and needs and desires and purpose in this existence are honoured by one another will determine the degree to which there is outer or mutual resonance or harmony in any situation. I can honour and respect those needs in others. And I will. And I firmly both hope and expect that others will respect and honour my needs in the same way. The soul must find expression, love and acceptance in the ways that are honour and sustain each of us.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke

Last edited by 7luminaries : 13-06-2012 at 04:28 PM.