View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Whilst there is individual self and individual will what applies to me will not you . It’s all about me and it’s all about you . Beyond individual will what therefore applies will be the same .

Yes!! and no!!! ...(meaning, clarity required here to explain why yes is also no and no is slso yes)...LOL.

Yes...we co-create our external realities. In some sense it is the same at least in this basic regard even whilst individual experience or perception may differ.
----------------------
SELF IS ME, YOU/OTHERS, and ALL
EVERYTHING INTER-"IS"

And yet here is the part that mystics always try to explain. But there is real truth to it. Just as we individually interpenetrate our external reality (the emanation of Oneness), and the reality of others (the Other meaning various others, as well as the collective)...

..so too external reality interpenetrates us...specifically, not just the physical aspects but the metaphysical.

...and just as the rose and the compost garbage "inter-are" (thank you Thicht Nhat Hahn)...or, experience "interbeing" with one another, so too do we with one another. TNH has many beautiful essays that explain this truth of existence so clearly, and with such compassion and love.

This is where the different connections we have with one another on various levels (physical, emotional, mental, spiritual) and with various degrees of intimacy or separation come into play. But interbeing is a fact of our existence, on all of these levels.
--------------
HOW DOES FOCUS ON SELF AS ME PRIMARILY OR ME FIRST SKEW OUR PERCEPTION & GROWTH?
OUR RESPONSIBILITIES TO SELF INCLUDE ME, YOU/OTHERS, & ALL

So, since "all about me" is not just all about me but also is all about Spirit (One) and is also all about you and everyone else...to what degree are we skewing our understanding and our perspective if we put ourselves forward ahead of One and Other? It's a fine line and one I believe we need to constantly re-examine.

That is, whilst focusing on taking responsibility for ourselves in our individuated consciousness, body, and existence, then to what degree do we understand that we are equally responsible for everything and everyone else in existence, but in a different way? Or, with a different sort of focus?

I am responsible not for controlling or judging you, or telling you what you should do or say or know or be...but for accepting you, loving you, and setting my own boundaries for interaction with you that are loving and respectful to both...or, more broadly, to all. In my book, my interbeing with others is inseparable from my interbeing with self and with the Source.

If concrete interaction cannot be done because both parties cannot rise to respectful interaction that honours the needs of all (happens frequently on planet Earth), then there is either compromise or withdrawal.

Yet there is still a need for love and respect, and not just love and respect from me toward me, but also from me toward others and Spirit. Likewise, I must be open to the love and respect of self, of others (as it exists, LOL) and of Spirit (we're good there), or I have also missed a fundamental aspect of existence.

So, once again, it's not all about me, or even me and Spirit "within", unless I provide the clarity & explanation that my focus on my being and on my self includes my focus and awareness of my connection to others and to Spirit.

One can lead with the intellect or the emotions and within that field of energy one can be in expression of such . If one is out of touch with their emotional body then one may lead with one’s head so to speak and apply a rational explanation for why they feel or not feel in a particular way . This understanding and relationship one applies to self will be their expression and this why I speak of being under the sway of the emotions or the intellectual aspects of mind .

It makes sense if you mention either/or
However, again, we need a better vocabulary, don't we?
A passing mood is referred to as emotion.
Chronic grief from trauma is also emotion but is longer-lasting and is valid, i.e. real and needs expression and healing.
And when our soul speaks to us through the soul's deepest desire and knowing, that too can be or contain emotion.

EMBRACE THE SOUL EMOTIONS
LET THE SOUL SPEAK TO US

The inclinations and desires of the soul which are deep-rooted, not fleeting, and are revealed, understood and honed only with the work of living and loving and growing, are also emotions as well as awareness and thought, but they are the deepest and most real or relevant to our knowledge of self and of purpose and to finding the harmony you speak of, IMO.

-Being under the sway of mood swings...obviously not a thing most desire and this is where many daily practices & techniques are helpful.

-Being under the sway of grief or other chronic suffering...necessary for healing, but painful. For many, real trauma leads to introspection for the first time. Thus chronic emotional suffering can be debilitating but to the degree that the soul is allowed to speak and be heard (metaphorically), it may also lead to revelations and a deeper awareness of the soul.

-Being under the sway of soul emotion, just like any other aspect of soul awareness, brings both revelation and joy, harmony & intensity, clarity and purpose. No matter how initially painful or how joyful, it seems both will often be present to some degree over the course of our existence. But I think few would argue that this place of soul knowing and feeling and being is where awareness of self and relationship to existence begins and recurs and deepens.

So emotion as an aspect of our deepest levels of self-awareness...good.
The clearer and stronger the channel from heart to brain, the better.
And the clearer and weaker the channel from brain to heart, the better.
This allows the intellectual mind (brain-mind, as the Native Americans call it) to better and more clearly translate and facilitate the deeper communication, understandings, and expressions of our heart-mind, through which soul and Spirit communicate to us in our individuated existence....without brain-mind overriding or suppressing the soul's expression. It allows us to lead with the fourth and come into a perception and a way of being that many today feel we need to rediscover and reclaim on our journeys.

HEALING THE HEART

Intellectual understanding of our soul's expression is also very helpful, but it is 2nd-tier and equally subject to social context, and the usual blocks, biases and other fear-based emotional paradigms and mindsets ("snake-brain" mindset, other individual biases based on life experience &/or culture, etc).

Processing emotion first in the midbrain rather than in the heart is a trauma-based survival response to severe emotional deprivation, and there is much literature on avoidant emotional response and personality types. The brain reroutes normal emotional processing and translation and response to a place where normal feeling can be controlled, shut down, and handled rationally. Akin to taking quantum experiences and remaking them into 2-D experiences. It is treatable, and there are behavioral methods involving touch and guided self-awareness and redirection.

But first we must love and accept ourselves enough to seek and support this healing and allow normal emotional processing and response back into our lives. Literally, we must love ourselves enough to consciously allow our hearts to heal and to open and to love and feel and express normally. This is exactly the point at which many experience a dark night of the soul...but the dawn will come, if only we can endure the night.

Generally, I also think one of the deepest fears that we do or will all face is coming to know who we are at the soul level, and learning to love, understand, and make peace with who we really are.

PS what happened to the font?

Every expression made is key for self understandings to be for when one is left dissatisfied leading through emotional or mental outlets one will find themselves longing for something that is not of them . There will be a limited time of satisfaction in these mind fields of expression but they will be temporary and will be substitutes for how one can be when one is not of them . When the sugar rush is no more one will crave for another fix . This fix cannot be found in the mind body energy .

Hm, what are you speaking of here? Are you speaking of your own experiences in times past? Or just general observation?

GET REAL & BE THE CHANGE

Yes I agree passing moods or fancies or intellectual pursuits and such in and of themselves do not address the deeper need for awareness and connection, wherever we may find ourselves at the moment. We also facilitate burnout versus deep connection when we approach Self &/or other selves with superficial focus or connections on all levels (the rush or the fix), versus engaging with others from a deeper and more connected place on all levels. We give and get what we have inside, and we must be the change. On the ground, in the heart, the mind, and the soul. Nothing ventured, well then, absolutely, nothing gained. Harmony and connection start with you.

I agree that we need to be in alignment with the soul and then seek to bring our physical/mental/emotional/spiritual existence into alignment with who we are at the deepest levels. Again, IMO and in my experience, this alignment is holistic, just as our existence is holistic. So if we are living lives of integrity and awareness, of honesty and depth, of truth and fortitude expressed as a commitment to being present on all levels to ourselves, to Spirit and to others, then we experience harmony in the matrix despite momentary or passing fluctuation.

x daz x

peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke