View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 12:37 AM
Knower

I just feel like this is a story being told to people to make real life relationships into some Disney princess movie version and that it is unrealistic and unattainable. I mean, the odds of two twin souls meeting up through millennia in a world of billions and billions of people over eons of time, astronomical doesn't even begin to cover it. I think this is a later day hype that is being dished out because the grand traditional romances of the past, Nanny and Grandad type stuff, are seen as antiquated and unenlightened, and the real life marriages of our life times have mostly ended in divorce and bitterness, and we are searching for a better, more real, real love. A better and more permanent relationship, or mate. And the fact is, nothing has changed. We are the same humans with the same needs that we were in the 1700's and the 1900's and the 2000's. We treat each other differently because our society allows us to, for good and for bad. Loving someone totally is a decision. Staying married, mated, committed, whatever you call it, is a choice. There are a lot of men in this world, and I dated my share of them. The available men did not cease to exist when I got married, I just ceased to take advantage of their availability. It was a choice. We have been together for 25 years. The choice to stay together has not always been easy, but it was very definitely a choice we worked at, NOT a divine connection or anything of the sort. Saying that it was destined by split souls or mated consciousnesses or anything so esoteric negates the very real life sweat and muscle that goes in to a real time relationship. There will be no magic cosmic connections, there will be people worth consciously choosing to stay with and relationships worth sacrificing and fighting for.