Thread: Can the mind
View Single Post
Old 29-11-2022, 05:15 AM
Master

... I think we are all in agreement that the mind CAN create a sense of separation from God. It does not mean we are separate , but the mind is capable , depending on the circumstances of the individual involved.
I think to put it in simpler terms , can we ever detached from our children ?
Can we make the unconditional love that we have for them in our hearts go away?
But in times of severe shock and trauma so great, our mind shuts down to prevent further trauma and at that moment we are completely unable to think or focus on anything. We are detached from everything but it does not mean I have abandoned or stopped loving my children.

The issue we have is whether the mind is dualistic.
Maisy thinks it isn't. I believe it is . And realistically we just don't know for sure.
There are good points to be made both for and against the idea.
I personally believe the sub-conscious separate mind there for one reason and one reason only, to carry on being "taught" , from the universe during the whole of our lifetime without us ever knowing . And then one day , we have an awakening and it all becomes VERY clear . But obviously that's just my persona experience and perspective and most people think I'm nuts anyway and usually ignore me !

As for the example that Maisy gives about the baker , Correct.
As I used to work in a very high pressured environment within the catering industry for many years I can vouch for that ! At that moment when you are rushing around , doing cooperate buffets, plus cooking expensive meals for groups of diners with all the pressure of prep, timing, presentation etc you are not even thinking at all with one mind, never mind two. It all happens on auto - pilot , a bit like an out of body experience!!