View Single Post
Old 21-11-2022, 12:33 AM
Master
@joe Generally it’s very hard when your in the world and facing yourself directly through life and people. It’s where all the itty bitty gritty bits get stripped right back. Your not alone in the ‘it’s been hard and running shoes were my much loved coping mechanism’ haha.

That coping, protecting and dealing requires a balanced approach of self care and others as I see it now. That and no longer holding others responsible for how I feel, no matter what they are doing and being. There is much freedom and ease in that one, once you see everything is within you to settle those scores..

Reading through your wife’s similarities to your aunt who baby sat you, that makes sense. You know we carry all memories, traumatic or loving, so it all comes around in its own time to witness where we still hold attachments within.

I’ve got six brothers so I have a lot of up close and noticing experiences and I’ve noticed that each of them have partners with my mothers similarities. Lucky for us she was a good hearted, dedicated caring mother so all those traits flow through my extended family. I’ve observed more closely my own partners and generally I’ve attracted similarities to my father and brothers, more predominately. I think this is why I’ve been able to go deep into letting go of roles I’ve played in relationships. I’ve had enough reflections up close to see how this plays out and how I could end them in myself.