View Single Post
Old 10-06-2022, 07:45 PM
Knower

Weird things happening when meditating

I've begun practicing meditation for the explicit reason to open my third eye. I've been practicing every day, sometimes twice per day, for three weeks. During that time I've noticed it's getting easier to slip into a deeper meditative state. I am also finding it easier to be mindful of my relaxation status, and bring my focus back to my third eye if my mind begins wandering.

I've noticed something happen the past two times I've meditated, and I wonder if anybody can shed light on it for me.

I've always had swirling violet light, and I focus on this. Sometimes it does some quite intense things. I get into what I feel is a deep meditative state, it takes about 30 mins to reach there. Twice, in the last couple days, when in this state, the violet light suddenly fills my entire vision, spread consistently across my view, and is translucent. The important thing to note is that its scale suddenly changes to something with vast expanse and depth, as if I'm no longer looking at a flat, nearby screen of black (the back of my eyelids), but I'm now looking out at the night sky, and a violet one. There are violet pin-pricks of light too, which look like stars. It feels as if it invites me to peer further, to focus further, and it feels as if I'm on the brink of being shown something, or of something even more brilliant happening. But, at the exact moment this happens, my eyelids begin twitching and spasm-ing quite violently, and I can't entirely stop it, and I lose the violet expanse before me. My left eyelid has begun twitching when I'm not meditating also. And my ears have recently begun heating up, like really burning up, usually a couple hours after a meditation.

I don't know if this is relevant, but it's worth mentioning I'm listening to binaural beats in ear-buds whilst meditating.

Does anybody know what's going on?