View Single Post
Old 17-10-2021, 03:13 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Forums are free, have always been free.
Some forum-based websites are indeed free to set up and they are mostly and perhaps always free for subscribers to them..... But we all know there's no such thing as a free lunch. Somebody or some organisation has to cover the costs involved when operating a website.
Quote:
And it could be debated if it truly is as many paid to keep it running. That was people's own choice of course, and in that sense, to each their own.
I'm not persuaded it could be debated sensibly without knowing details. As for me I just say kudos to anyone who has contributed to the running costs and kudos to the moderators and administrators who volunteer their time so I and many others get the benefit of being able to use this website and its many forums.
Quote:
As I see it the only reason this still exists is because there are no decent alternatives anymore as everything moved to FB.
I disagree.
Quote:
In any case, I don't think a 3 line rule does much as it is all text only anyways. Especially not as there was already the automatic deletion of prior quotes so you only quoted the last post, not an entire discussion.
I think I'd already made a similar point. But like it or not the 3 sentence rule is in place and we should respect the rules of this website if we wish to continue enjoying the privilege of using it.

blessings