View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 02:10 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScientificExplorer
Fantastic answer.
But please let's go more in-depth about meditation.
Do you think that "bad meditation" is the root problem for not getting successful?
I don't have any idea what to do, feel or think in a meditation at 4am in the morning - Can you explain your method in baby steps?
Thanks a lot!
Yes that's the question isn't it, how to meditate. I think it's less about 'how' people meditate, because most people, including me, have all made the usual mistakes when you start. So it is more about peristing and being consistent.

When you first start to meditate, you might think you're doing it all wrong because you suddenly think you start thinking too much, when in reality, you're just becoming aware of all the mental noise that was already there.

The beauty of meditation is that there is really nothing you have to 'think', 'feel' or 'do', rather, you slowly become aware of what you're already thinking and feeling. The focus is to hold/be awareness, only, that is all. Being in the present moment. Simply sit, and focus on your breathe, notice it going in and out, when thoughts appear, acknowledge them and go back to the breath. Connect with your being. By accepting whatever state you are already in, you allow yourself to go into deeper states... What you accept, you go beyond. That's the magic of meditation, you become everything, by doing nothing. I know that's not exactly logical, but if it were so easily understood by the 'intellect', then meditation would not be as profound as it is. The intellect, or ego, always wants to feel like it understands everything, but this is the opposite purpose of meditation; we want to free ourselves from that, and find peace in the stillness and quietude of the mind.

I highly recommend The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle to really understand the fact that we are not our minds or the thoughts in our heads. I also posted a guided meditation on my YouTube the other day