View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 07:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philos_Tone
Hello folks,

Does anybody have a proper answer to this?

No.

Quote:
I will write some thinking points.

"Nothing" seems to be a very difficult concept, as in, did something come from nothing?

If we think of numbers, we may guess that 1 thing had to come from a large sum, not from zero.

We seem to experience this "nothing" every time we sleep. Time seems to pass in an instant. All of a sudden the next day is here. I dunno what I'm getting at, but here is something I realized, today, while writing this.

The Tao Te Ching kinda says that life fist originated from mystery itself. A very provocative and bold statement.

Yes, though 'mystery' implies no answer.

Quote:
Do yiu agree? What have you postulated about the beginning of things?

Energy balance, or zero sum energy, between the dark and the light as the Tao symbol represents it, and this also the scientific view of an infinite universe. "Something from nothing" is not a literal nothingness, but the polar sum of positive and negative energy, which is continuously contrasted throughout the Tao Te Ching.

The practical application in any mundane human life is the middle way according to Buddha, which to me ultimately refers to a perfect equalibrium of stillness of self and equanimity of mind.