View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 09:26 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
I see that all the talk is about the "busy mind". When I argue for visible results then it is for results in the real world of living and doing.
For me it is not acceptable to meditate for years and see no change in terms of better relationships, improved efficiency, in short in the overall better functioning in this worldly life. If such results do show then we wouldn't care about the chattering mind, would we? But they apparently don't show, or are considered so insignificant that they are not even worth mentioning.

This is a contradiction of the 'all is connected' principle. If meditation works then it must have an effect on our everyday life, and IMO it is entirely justified that such effects must show up within a reasonably short period of time.

Well markings has spoken, hasn't he!?

Cowboys make way.

As I said in my prior posts, patience, commitment, sincerity, and practical application of practices including meditation (not distraction, meditation) are tried and tested methods throughout the centuries.

Good meditation, "bad" meditation - these are all exercises that are working in the spiritual mode. If one is using the method I described above, even a sit which seems messy, is a useful session, and is cultivating spiritual nourishment in the seeker.

Despite your demands on what the world should do, and how spirituality should work, I will defer to the many great teachers and adepts of this sphere.

I for one am very grateful, and fortunate, I was not given "advice" as you have proposed in terms of timelines and expectations, or distraction techniques.

Agree with you that meditation is a by product of a greater life wish for greater happiness and peace, and it is important and valuable when this is integrated, but this is a life long's work with many achievements in between.

Persistence and faith, it works.

shiningstars