View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 04:14 PM
Master

free will ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Hello HITESH SHAH. Thanks again for your thoughts.

You mention "free will"--it's an absorbing concept--as you have touched upon.

As a concept it plays a large role in discussion, theory, etc.

In practice, and quite obviously, our exercising of free will may not be possible if we do not have the means to do so.

In addition, our exercising of free will may result in our own decision to restrain ourselves for a variety of reasons-- including for what we consider to be for our own "benefit", and also for reasons which we individually and collectively consider are beneficial to other/all. The latter not necessarily dependent upon teachings or moral guidance or-- if I may say without wishing to undermine any persons belief in the divine--divinity.?

Yes you are right and i also have qualified the free will with word 'limited' . There is absolutely nobody free except God . Even the president of a powerful country for lifeterm appointed unopposed with 0 opposition also may have his options limited depending on the context we talk . The free will for us is always relative / limited / contextual and not absolute as some may desire.

Even word "own" & "benefit" too are very subjective and depends widely from situation to situation . However I do understand that in your context of moral teachings/divinity . Well said.