View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 06:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by zastrakoza
Since this is the most interesting topic I’ve seen to date, I’d like to toss out my perspective for your consideration and review.

Heaven is tied to the resurrection, but I disagree with your statements referencing the physical body. Logically, there must be a relationship between the body that dies and the one resurrected or it wouldn’t be a resurrection, but it does not have to be physical. In order to understand what is resurrected, we must first understand what is death. Additionally, Jesus was a Jew and taught the meaning of the old testament scriptures in the temples. To understand the new testament teachings, we must first understand what from the old testament is being explained. The Jews commonly believed in resurrection and the coming of the Messiah who would establish the (Jewish) kingdom. So what scriptures are supporting the idea of resurrection and the kingdom of Heaven in the old testament?

Heaven is the land promised to Abraham’s seed. The death is the death of the first born, who is resurrected as the second son. The promise to the first (the inheritance) is given to the second heir. And Abraham died before entering the promised land; It was his minister Joshua who led them. Abraham signifying the first born (the law) and Joshua the second son (love). What died is the carnal aspect of the law (the implementation) and what is raised up is the true spiritual law (the body of Christ). This story is told over and over from different views and Jesus’ parables shed light on the ancient allegories. The fact that the old testament stories are allegories is explained in Hebrews 11.

Heaven is not a physical land or kingdom. Hebrew 11:13-16

The Kingdom of Heaven was openly established by the Messiah, as he publicly taught the time of the anticipated everlasting kingdom was at hand. Matthew 4:17

But it is like giving up all that you possess to gain something of far greater value. We have to die to self to be resurrected in Christ, who is the Kingdom of Heaven. That where he is, we may be also as one. Matthew 13, john 17:24

We live in the kingdom of heaven now under the rule of the Christ. For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched… but ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem… Hebrews 12:18

' but I disagree with your statements referencing the physical body.'

So do I but that's what some Christians believe so I just quoted what I had read. Heaven in my understanding is a state of mind.