View Single Post
Old 23-10-2021, 02:11 PM
asearcher

Hi I am back again. What I would like to add is that I don't think her dad at all wanted this for her. He too has never pushed her grades to have to be the best and has told her he wasn't all for studying so much in school. If she answers something wrong she comes down so hard on herself it shocked me at first, and I would try to talk to her about it. She could say stuff like she felt so stupid, she just wanted to die. And that comment could come when she had like 99% correct answer and that 1% wrong. Her dad has also tried to talk to her about it, he feels like I do too and I can see he feel sorry for her. We made the decision before and we still stick to it separately that we never talk to outsiders or family or friends how things are going at school because we fear then it might get worse, and might be a label she thinks she has to continue to live up to.

When both he and her get riled up about something I find it that they have difficulty accepting boundries, and not listening. Her dad has acted in a condescending, entitled attitude towards me at times when he is like that. It is only after as we talk about it he understand it from my perspective and apologize. She too can put someone down, their intelligence, when asking something that she fears has not been done yet. I have told her to take a seat back and not worry about that, and tried to explain that when you talk like that to someone else how it can make them feel, and would she like that?

I don't know if my own nature is right or wrong in the picture, I dont have a bad temper.

Her dad used to say that before he always felt so relaxed, that he could be himself, and feel safe with me, but still all this bad stuff manage to happen.

If and after her dad and I had discussed something, even if we were not fighting, I noticed she would follow me around everywhere, sometimes talk, sometimes not. She still does that, even if just a phone call. Like him she wants to know who it was, what it was about, what's gonna happen now. Every conversation I have she wants to know, same with her dad. Before I thought it was because she was curious, and did not want to feel left out, but then I think she simply wants to know what is going on, needing to be on top of things?

I feel so bad for her. Most times, like today she seem relaxed and happy, and I am hoping there will be no triggers.

She is too very emphatic and one time she by accident hurt someone in a game and she took it very bad, only allowed me to talk to her and we talked like forever. She is just so hard on herself.