View Single Post
Old 07-05-2023, 04:04 PM
Seeker

I tend to agree that helping can be really good therapy, and if there is chaos around the helping, that’s a signal for some deep self-reflection. Digging out beliefs (conscious and unconscious) that clash with what occurs in one’s life can be a rich source of growth. But the process can also be disruptive and difficult, so I have empathy for wanting the experiences to just stop.

I’m curious about the statement “At best, Spirituality is a placebo.” The physical and nonphysical elements of our existence are so intertwined, isn’t using everything at our disposal to work with trauma helpful? Just wondering how spirituality can (or if it even should) be separated from the healing process, or if a complete mind-body-spirit approach is needed.

There are several schools of thought on how and why some of us see/hear spirits and if they stick around out of love or comfort or confusion or mischief or harm. Maybe all of the above, and what “type” we attract is what we need for our own evolution. Dunno, maybe I've just read too much Jung