View Single Post
Old 29-09-2022, 03:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apakhana Akshobhya

One of the undeciphered meanings in the Bible I feel is regarding the Spirit; She obviously doesn't grace most us humans and the one's that become Her priests are the Guru's and Teacher's that pass or grace the Spirit through initiation. It isn't even really talked about openly anywhere that I've seen except in Hinduism where the Guru gives shaktipat. Some cases in Christianity I see it happening but rarely. I fear they might be faking it most the time.

AA,

Thanks…In large part what you say is true. Viewing its current state is hard not to pronounce an indictment on the Church. Worldly success diminishes the need for God. The Bible was written from the standpoint of the oppressed….we have now morphed into the conquerors. Here in the States and elsewhere much effort was exerted to destroy and/or exploit the indigenous people, foreigners and slaves. All of these groups had great spiritual gifts to offer…..and that, in itself, became a target to eradicate. The love of money became the driving force…..and that pursuit can only come to bad ending.

John 10:10 is often quoted….”The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may life, and have it more abundantly.” ‘Abundantly’ has been appropriated like some shiny object. It is used as justification for the material life and the sickening prosperity gospel. To properly understand this scripture one must especially define ‘thief’ and ‘life’. I define thief as first the ego and those that focus on the material life. Life, as Jesus intends, must be defined as the spiritual life which is the establishment of a relationship with God. We are the prodigal sons that must seek to return to the Father.

The absence of guides for this journey necessitates that we must go within to discover and activate our true Self. Believing in trichotomy, which I have spoken of elsewhere, this is the Spirit. This is what can lead us to all truth. At one time years ago I looked for a guide. To this end I attended a workshop by a well known spiritual author. Fortunately for me he gave off a bad aura. He was flamboyant….a showman…and, thus, a charlatan to me. ‘Fortunate’ because I realized I must make the inward journey rather than looking outside of my self. I remembered the words of one that I did trust. He said that he had never met anyone that had had a true experience of God that was not humble……and we are told that “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble”.