View Single Post
Old 11-01-2020, 12:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
When I meditate, I meditate with eyes open and rock from side to side. The rocking keeps me awake but it also gives me depth perception. By doing this, some things seem to be 'appearing' which I thought were distant but in reality, appear to be 'manifesting' themselves within my aura.

When I meditate, I get so absorbed that I lose body consciousness altogether so I actually don't know if I am still or "rock" as you do.

Once, when I was in the steam room at my gym, it became very hot and everyone ran out of the room. For some reason, I decided to just sit and meditate on the nature of heat. When I finally opened my eyes, the steam had subsided and the room was full of people staring at me. My friend Clif stated that, when they returned to the steam room, I was sitting there absolutely motionless. They could not detect breath coming from my nostrils and there was no movement of the diaphragm that generally accompanies breathing. They were afraid to touch me for fear of inducing shock and were just about to call the front desk to ask for possible medical assistance.

I suspect that, when I meditate alone, it is the same. However, I mention this specific case because there were witnesses. I rarely, if ever, meditate in groups any more so this was one of the few instances of people observing me when I thought that I was meditating alone.

Nowadays, I rarely do sitting meditations but meditate in other ways.