View Single Post
Old 31-03-2021, 08:06 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
But keep asking God every now and then turns into routine commerce/business / give and take mercenary affair . This again is not bad but it is not great/sublime either . Because the God's primary dealings are out of love without any material considerations and He loves His child also appreciate His ways of living and adopts it joyfully.
Very true. Your point reminds me of that devotee (I don't recall his name, it's been a while since I heard the story) of Chaitanya's, who refused to accept a boon, saying something like, "I won't barter my love for worldly trinkets." After being talked into asking for something, all he wanted was that Chaitanya should always remain in his life in a context similar to Krishna the butter thief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
God being in-dwelling companion is privy to our thoughts . So even if we dont formally ask anything from God , God knows/reads /understands us (and our communications/vibrations ) and then determines our actual nature of dealing with Him.
I absolutely agree, but at the same time, I think speaking out loud to God is something everyone should do, or at least try, sometimes. It's probably not that God needs to hear you with ears or anything like that, I suspect it's related more to your willingness to appear crazy in the eyes of the world. But there really is something to it.