View Single Post
Old 17-03-2018, 01:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Namaste Moonglow

I guess everyone does, that, they create an image of what a person is like in their mind's eye. I suppose it's easier to have a conversation with something a little more tangible than words on a screen, giving the mind something to latch onto. Being honest I've tried not to do that because there's always a jarring when the image and the person don't match. Often I talk to the Soul rather than to the person anyway, and a vision of Spirit/Soul is often only a construct of the mind. As you are 'closer to your Soul' than most the difference isn't quite so contrasting.

I learned many years ago that there is always something more, that every person has their own story to tell. Interestingly I met a guy who was pushing shopping carts in a supermarket, he'd been a well-respected brain surgeon but felt as though he'd been burned out and wanted a job that wasn't too taxing.

This is what I like about Gestalt Reality, it helps me to envisage things and put things into relationships instead of opposition and that makes sense of so much more. The main principle of Gestalt Reality is that the sum parts create something other than (not greater than) the whole. The 'Spiritual side', ego, body, mind....- are all 'individual' parts and when all those parts/aspects are taken in unison, together they create another individual 'entity'. Our ego is an 'entity' in its own right and is made up of various aspects - past experiences, knowledge, environment, perceptions, beliefs.... So you as a 'human entity' are all of your aspects put together like the clockwork of a watch. On top of that we have the Spiritual entity that comprises of the human - the Soul, Spirit, Past Life entities and whatever else.

I tried to figure out what my consciousness was one day, just for the sheer hell of it. What I didn't want was just some airy-fairy Spiritual definition, I wanted to experience it more fully and actually 'touch' it. The more I reached for it the further away it went, always a step in front. Every step brought the same question - "Is that what I am conscious of?"

Alan Watts says that we 'thingify' things and that's what's happening with ego. We make this big thing about how bad it is, how clever we are at transmuting it and killing it but we never look to the definitions and the reasons we use them and we never look at the dialogue we are having with ourselves. All so we can think we're Spiritual, and the irony is that thinking we're Spiritual is the very definition of 'ego'. 'Ego death' is an egoic illusion. Yeah I know, I shouldn't laugh but y'know, sometimes it helps and I just can't help acknowledge the irony of it all.

I guess that's why we need reflections, when we're looking 'out there' for the divine what we're really looking for is something to reflect back at ourselves because we can't see our own faces.

If we are Spiritual, human, have an ego, a mind.... any number of different aspects doesn't that mean we're quite a piece of kit?

Namaste Greenslade,

Talking to the soul, I like that. For it seems some may be a little more open in this form of interaction. It is the energy and tone I pick up on mostly. Suppose this in its way is the soul emitting through.

Gestalt reality, the sum parts creating the whole, seems to the way I observe life. For what creates what is observe? The parts and noticing how they interlink and interact. May reach a point and think one is there and it's figured out, but there always seems to be more waiting to be noticed.

Looking at nature can see the interconnections and interactions in motion.

Looking at "ego" as self identity there does seem a contradiction in trying to kill it. For it seems this in itself takes on an identity, as you present.

Perhaps a misunderstanding of what the whole practice or identity thing is about.
For to me it is not so much about no self or ego, but seems to point to a non self. Meaning identity of self is temporary and changing, but in its essence it is the sum of all the lifetimes lived/experience and one being is this in its wholeness.

But for me have this life I am living at present and that is the focus. I know will kick off eventually and my soul will go off where it will. So this part of the journey forms into being with in the whole journey of soul. Adds to the story and consciousness.

But, don't feel it is a solo act. For the lives touched along the way and touch mine blend into being of the journey, adding to the story and the consciousness.
So in a way becomes selfless in its totality.

To make sense of it and create the stories there is the individual. With this comes an ego/self identity. As stated in other posts. To tell and live the stories recorded with in the consciousness with in oneself and with in what gets carried on.

We are quite the package, creation.

For some reason this thought comes to mind some just try too hard to be some thingy and most of the time it is an image or idea held onto. The one that don't just are being as he/she is and really don't give much thought about this.
Both being just the individual being at the moment.

Yes sometimes need a reflection to see oneself. Sometimes can just enjoy the light sparkling on the water or the clouds passing by. Showing the parts blending together in the wholeness of life doing its thing.