View Single Post
Old 13-07-2022, 03:54 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepus
Hello

My question is, should humans meddle with the weather or leave it alone?

No, we should not, however attempts at weather manipulation have been going on for over 60 years. I remember as a kid living in the desert in the U.S. we would see air force planes seeding clouds to attempt to make it rain. It was well known that was being done, and that experiements on causing rain were going on. Later, in the 80's, I think, it was "debunked" as untrue, so, I think they were able to succeed, but found there is a big cost to manipulating the weather. California experienced many years of drought while there were floods in other parts of the country, the past 10 years New Mexico (which average rainfall is 9 inches a year) has experienced drought conditions because not only did that area not get the 9 inches of rain a year, but Colorado did not get their usual snow fall, which feeds the rivers in New Mexico.

Messing with the weather in one part of the world does affect the weather in another part of the world. We live in a mostly closed system (with the exception of the holes in the ozone layer).