View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 11:38 AM
seahorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
Finnster,

I have heard that people that make their own rune set, have a closer connection to the stones.

Give it a try, make your own set and then let us know which set you feel a closer connection with.

Dream Angel xx
Yep that's true ! Thanks for the rune thread tip DA i'd never found it otherwise lol....i made my own set of runes a while ago after i gathered some nice flat pebbles (some not so flat but a dremel tool took care of that...) and i can honestly say i feel so connected with my lil stones i know it's because i devoted time and effort to them but i really feel some of my spirit essence (or something) passed on to them. When i compare my runes with some commercially made i feel them to be completely lifeless and "carrying" the profit-chasing attitude in them, just my thoughts....
Dream Angel you're right about the use of sealers to protect the runes, i used spray clear varnish on mine, i suspect there will be a need to re-apply after some time as it will most probably wear off with frequent use.
I think one of the best materials for runes are pebbles found on the beach as they are usually flat enough to paint, and the salt on them has purifuing properties (at least i think i've read something like that- sorry spiritual newbie here lol)