Thread: Taoist quote
View Single Post
Old 27-04-2019, 11:16 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
depends on what the other side is I guess... but personally my own best guess right now is I'm best served by assuming everything is on the same side and not trying to find out the 'difference' between where I am and where it is I want to be... which isn't to say either that I'm not moving at all, just a nod to the understanding that if I play see-saw with a goal of going to ground, someone heavy is eventually going to get on the other side and lift me up again...

Let me be more specific. For me the 1st step is is having the 'moment of observation' Sima speaks of. Step 2 is exploring that awareness within myself, discovering what the new awareness is about myself. Usually it is something within my personality/psyche I have been unconscious of before. Step 3 is accepting the truth of the awareness. Looking back at how I hurt myself and/or others in how I played this out. Could be something I experienced I did not accept the truth of before. Many things. I think this is what Laozi is speaking of when he speak of finding the root. Going back and remembering when it happened the first time, the origin of the experience. Forgiving myself and asking forgiveness of others. Step 5 releasing the energy of the experience. Going through this process for me is getting to the other side of it. A lot of these for me involve past life experiences I have carried with me lifetime to lifetime unresolved.

Take care.

Brian