View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 10:16 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom63376
I think if you asked 100 people what “love” is, you would get 100 different answers.

The Bible says God IS love. I think most people agree that the big difference between human love and God’s love is that God’s love is unconditional. However most of us “love” only when our expectations and conditions for love are met. And most of us are not willing to challenge those expectations and conditions.

The Buddha said: “Those who cling to perceptions and views*wander the world offending*people.” ….Offending people not loving people.
So one short answer could be that the two most important commandments are difficult to follow because of our attachments to our perceptions and views of love, God, others and ourselves.

This also dovetails well with Jesus’ most repeated commandment. The gospels say that wherever Jesus went he said: “Repent…” which scholars interpret as fundamental, 180 degree change. …But change of what? Change of mind.
What do you mean by "God’s love is unconditional"?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.