Thread: The Depraved
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2021, 11:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed
you, with your many tricks and ramblings
That's one of those of times I have to be wary of my reactions and the consequential volition I generate.
Quote:
"What happens to all those who at the close of each cycle of universal activity have not attained Moksha or Nirvana, according to your belief?"
The cycle is a reactive one within which a self-referential thought is perperpeted by the process of volition. If I react adversely, I generate ill will and hence become depraved. If we are not aware of that 'we know not what we do'. Hence we need to be aware of our reactivity and the sort of volition we generate. Then we 'know what we do'.

In the first place, your question assumes there is someone who reaches nirvana and/or is trapped in the reaction/action cycle, but the sense of there being someone is flawed. For as long as volition regenerates a self-impression it will seem as if there is continuity of self being affected by everything that happens, That which is affected has a reaction, which perpetuates the one affected, ans so reacts, perpetuates etc etc etc.

You stop, which means volition ceases. Christians would conceptualise that as surrendering one's own will to the will of God. Until such time, we remain ignorant in delusion, and continue reaction/volition/action over and again.