View Single Post
Old 15-08-2020, 11:09 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
You are misunderstanding what I said. I said balance is what you need. Negativity is not the subject I was addressing, avoiding, reflecting, suppressing, ignoring, any emotion you don't like is not healthy. We are emotional beings and ignoring or refusing to acknowledge your anger or fear or what ever other emotions you claim are "negative" diminshes your feelings of joy, happiness, calm, and any emotions you label and "positive".

Just try to pretend like you are not angry because "anger is wrong" when someone has done something that hurts you somehow. You will never get over it, but when you allow that you are angry you can deal with it and move on to your joy. We are not designed to ignore half of who we are or what we experience. You get cancer or other health issues from pretending like you don't get angry and avoiding anything you consider "negative". It stays in your body because you don't allow it expression. Projecting it onto someone else, that is called "Passive Aggressive" behavior. Who wants to be around that?
WildHairedWoman, just wanted to say you have brought up many good things about why ignoring emotions even if they're negative aren't healthy or good to do. Cause it stays in the body as long as those emotions are suppressed, they hurt the body cause they are emotions that need anoutlet. When emotions like that are ignored, they're essientally ignoring what those emotions are trying to say in the experiences they feel them in. Why letting the emotions have a safe space to outlet them helps them understand those emotions and why they affect them that way.