View Single Post
Old 03-06-2023, 08:41 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
In 1 Corinthians 12:31 Paul speaks of ‘the most excellent way’ which is presented as love in the following chapter……absolutely right. But I have also thought about this. I think about how difficult we can make the spiritual path appear to be….do this…do that. What about the other way ? Do nothing….
I think that Apostle Paul is speaking about being a channel for God. If we are charitable to others expressing non-judgemental love in action, then we can open ourselves to becoming channels of God. Paul uses the word 'prophesy' which is sharing God's words with oneself or another, channeling is another word. And if we desire the gift of 'channeling', we've most definitely got to be charitable, because if we can't be charitable with what we have, whether it's material, emotional, intellectual,we definitely can't be charitable with spiritual things. I 100% believe that channeling is for everybody, and channeling God at that! And when our channeling gift is activated, it isn't just God that we can channel, we can channel other spirit-beings.

I am totally convinced that spiritual gifts are not us doing the work but the Spirit doing this work through these gifts in us. I've noticed that most of the spiritual gifts and offices are about serving others more than our self. At the end of the day, it is God that gets all the glory for the working through these spiritual gifts, because without the Spirit, there can't be no work done through these gifts.