View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 02:56 AM
Knower
So long as you are looking out from your eyes with the disposition that what you're observing is separate from yourself, you will be stuck in the land of contrasts and comparisons. When someone thinks you are wise it is likely to cause you to feel good about yourself, when someone thinks you are a fool it is likely to cause you to feel bad about yourself. This loop is a trap which causes your self to be completely confused and blown about like cattle in a tornado.

When you feel good about yourself you feel good, when you feel bad about yourself you feel bad. Is it possible to feel good about yourself and bad about yourself at the same time? If you feel good about yourself on Monday but bad about yourself on Tuesday does that mean your feeling about yourself on Monday was not real or does it mean that the way you feel about yourself on Tuesday is not real? Perhaps on Monday you thought "I am on top of the world, everything is going so perfectly" but on Tuesday you thought "I can't believe this is happening, how can I have sunk so low" but you forgot that on Sunday things couldn't get any worse.

If you want to see what you look like, you seek a mirror. When you gaze into the mirror, is what you see your perception of yourself or the mirrors perception of you? If you explain in great detail the plot of Lord of the Rings to your dog and he look's at you sideways with that "can I have treat" look in his eyes does it mean that you've done a poor job explaining Lord of the Rings?

If you want to free your self from being enslaved to the thoughts of others, stop creating others. If you want to stop creating others, stop using a knife as a means to perceive yourself.