View Single Post
Old 22-01-2021, 02:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
I don't know what to tell you that I haven't already so I invite you to listen to this 24 minute segment from Swami Sarvapriyananda on brain, mind, ego and consciousness.

0:36​ - Difference between the ego and the witness. Is consciousness a creation of the brain. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFRp9FYqQDw&t=36s

He also briefly talks about "Two Steps to the Not-Two" in relation to this.
Does the witness ignore, dismiss, disregard, and judge the ego, mind, body, thoughts and beliefs? Nope, the witness is just conscious of the mind, body, ego, thoughts and beliefs etc etc. By judge, I mean liking or disliking this or that and and thinking this is good/positive or bad/negative, discerning with the intellect in addition to direct experiencing what is truth or proper and what is not truth or improper is not judging.

All spiritual mental concepts, ideas, images are of the mind and create beliefs, biases (likes and dislikes and good and bad). This is the basics where one needs to start and grow and evolve from there.

Truth is concrete, objective and written in stone. Truth is not at all subjective/imagination. You want truth/reality to be subjective/imagination, because the subjective/imagination is what you like, for whatever reasons and benefits, and resonates with you. Nothing resonates with the witness and the witness does not like or dislike this or that. The witness is just conscious/just observes.

Again, I am not talking to the Swami anybody whom is or is not inside your head, I am talking to the Justasimpleguy whom is inside your head.

I know you do not answer the questions I ask you because you (and I) know you will not like the answers to them and/or the answers do not resonate with your so called 'consciousness' beliefs and ego. This is the reason why I keep asking you questions. Your Bruce Lee quote in your signature says it all.