View Single Post
Old 21-01-2021, 01:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
You're superimposing mind on Consciousness. Mind changes, not Consciousness. This is the entire purpose of Self-inquiry using Neti Neti. To attain that level of discernment through deep meditative inquiry. As I've explained before it's a two-step process and in essence simple.

Step 1 - Negate everything that is a thing, and that includes subtle things like thought by inquiring into "Who Am I?". At the very end question, inquirer and even the "I" thought are no more. All one is left with is No Thing, and that would be Consciousness.

Step 2 - Realize everything that was negated was never apart from Consciousness. Everything that was negated was an object of and within Consciousness, the ultimate Subject. Objects change, not Subject.

It's not an intellectual exercise but one of direct experience. One cannot think one's way to that level of realization. It grabs us, we do not grab It.
Well, consciousness is a mental concept, idea, image and belief you hold in your mind, which makes consciousness a thing based on you experiencing being conscious, so in order for you to do your Step 1 above, you will have to negate the mental concept, idea, image and belief of consciousness you have, and of you experiencing being conscious.

As I said, start with the basics that all the thoughts, beliefs, concepts and images etc you have inside your head (about consciousness, oneness, duality and non-duality etc etc) are all products of your personal individual mind self/Self.