View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 10:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
If your nose is so great, why is it we only have about 6 million smell receptors whereas a dog has 300 million. And apparently the part of their brain that analyses smells is 40x bigger than that part of our brain. I guess our noses 'ain't all that', if you know what I mean. www.pbs.org › wgbh › nova › article › dogs-sense-of-smell

By the way, a bear's sense of smell is 7x greater than a bloodhounds or 2100x greater than ours. https://sectionhiker.com/bears_sense_of_smell/

So your suggestion that the human nose is unparalleled in the natural world is completely incorrect. If anything, I'll bet lots of early humans suffered from food poisoning from eating rotten meat.

I never said we have the best nose in the animal kingdom....what I said...and is well researched.. is that the human nose has a special adaptation for sniffing out inedible meat...far better than any other species....the fact that we scavenged along with being a hunting species is well documneted

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!